|DR. DREIMER'S DRIVEL||OBSERVATIONS BY TOPIC||WEEKLY QUOTATION||BANNER||FEEDBACK/NEWS||MUSIC DESCRIPTION/DOWNLOAD||WORDS/USAGE PET PEEVES|
DEPARTMENT OF COMPLETE AND UTTER BALDERDASH
We have to realize that the way of thinking that got us to this place no longer holds. We have to rethink elements as basic as space and time, to go all science fictiony on you in this sense.
If you were to talk to a caveman millennia upon millennia upon millennia ago, it's not programmed into our gut thinking that we do have to think broader. Except this, right here, is a generation so globally aware that you get that.
(Justin Trudeau addressing students at the University of Western Ontario, September, 2014)
Everyone has a passion. A new idea to share. A stanza to add to the world's story. What will your verse be? (An advertisement from Apple, on the back cover of the July 2014 edition of Cottage Life.)
Life's about having fun. It's about looking good. And eighty percent of feeling good is looking good. (Hair Club commercial, 2014)
The biggest threat to global security is the kind of violence and misunderstandings and wars that come out of resource depletion, economic uncertainty, concerns of lack of hope for generations growing up in a world that is getting smaller and seemingly less and less fair. (Justin Trudeau, August, 2014)
REVIEWS AND CRITIQUES:
1. “These melodies are utterly lacking in sophistication, and are badly played. Moronic simplicity and egregious incompetence are hardly the ingredients of a satisfactory listening experience. I would hazard a guess that Dr. Dreimer has had no musical training, and that the aptly named Mr. Allthumbs could not pass a Grade One Conservatory Examination.”
Sir Anthony Postlethwaite-Jones.
2. “This stuff stinks! What is this, a joke?”
Glen Bernhard Petersen
3. “Sounds pretty good to me.”
4. “We really enjoyed this music! It’s great!” (When do I get my cheque?)
5. “All I know is that daddy worked awfully hard on this, getting his degree in musicology and everything. I think it sounds wonderful.”
6."What’s the big deal? I had to listen to this stuff, day in, day out for weeks! months! years!
7."Considering Rufie never had a piano lesson in his life, I figure he did a really good job. Lots of people don’t know he does this after a full day at the E-Z Clean. And that skinflint Dreimer is never satisfied. ‘Play it again, Rufus’ he says, ‘Play it again.’ And then he pays next to nothing! I keep telling him, ‘Rufie’ I says, ‘Rufie, don’t go, don’t go!’ But Rufie goes anyways."
8. “I think Dr. Dreimer writes beautiful music!”
(P.S.: I need the money on the 15th–as per our agreement. Thanks. Marilyn.)